Israel and Hamas reached a historic agreement on captive release and a four-day cease-fire.

Thedailycourierng

Israel and Hamas have secured an agreement for a four-day cease-fire and the release of at least 50 women and children held captive in Gaza, marking a huge diplomatic breakthrough nearly seven weeks after the conflict began.

The agreement, as outlined in a statement by key negotiator Qatar, would see Hamas prisoners exchanged for a number of Palestinian women and children imprisoned in Israel. Meanwhile, the truce would allow “a greater number of humanitarian convoys and relief aid to enter,” according to the statement.

The next round of fighting would be disclosed within the next 24 hours, according to the announcement. An Israeli official told CNN on Wednesday that the cease-fire will begin at 10 a.m. local time (3 a.m. ET) on Thursday.

The pause might continue up to 10 days, but Israeli officials believe it is unlikely to last that long.

When the deal was approved, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated that for every extra ten hostages freed, the war would be halted for one additional day.

As part of the agreement to free 50 women and children captives held by Hamas, the US and Israel will both suspend drone flights over Gaza for six hours each day.

Gaza, according to CNN’s deputy national security adviser Jon Finer.
The deal, according to Qatar’s principal negotiator, Minister of State Mohammed Al-Khulaifi, should urge the international community to “seize this brief window of opportunity to generate further momentum for the diplomatic track.”

The declaration was met with relief and increased excitement by the families of those taken hostage, who now await additional information concerning their loved ones.

It has also received excellent feedback on the international scene. Egyptian President Abdelfattah El-Sisi reaffirmed Egypt’s commitment to finding a “sustainable” solution for the Palestinian people, while Qatar’s prime minister expressed hope that the development will result in “a comprehensive and sustainable agreement that will put an end to the war and bloodshed.”

Jordan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs

It expects the foreign-mediated agreement will be a “step” toward a “complete cessation of the war” in Gaza. In Russia, Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov praised the agreement, stating that Moscow sees it “positively” and calling it “the first good news from Gaza in a very long time.”
According to Israeli military estimates, Hamas is holding 239 captives in Gaza, including foreign nationals from 26 countries. The mass kidnappings at gunpoint occurred on October 7, when Hamas terrorists launched a coordinated and brutal surprise onslaught across the border, murdering around 1,200 people – the worst such attack on Israel since the country’s creation in 1948.

Prior to the agreement, just a few hostages had been released.

According to the Israeli Cabinet Secretariat, in the first phase, 150 security inmates would be released in four stages over four days, with Palestinians being released if at least ten Israeli abductees were given over to Israeli security forces each day. During those four days, Israel predicted a respite in the conflict.

However, it also stated that Israel intends to restart its air and ground campaign “to complete the eradication of Hamas” after the current round of captive releases is completed.

The precise start time of the pause, as well as the location and manner in which the hostages would be freed, are unknown, with Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesperson Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus telling CNN Wednesday morning that the military was still working on it.

Determine the precise timing of the pause.

“We will continue fighting Hamas until we are told to stop by the Israeli government, and when such a deal comes into effect, we will respect it.”On the ground, however, we will be extremely vigilant,” Conricus stated.

The agreement came as the families of the hostages put increasing pressure on the Israeli government, demanding answers and action from Netanyahu. It also comes amid mounting international pressure for more humanitarian assistance for the residents of Gaza.

Families of hostages are eagerly awaiting their release.
Even as the details of the release remained unknown, several family members of Hamas hostages expressed relief and suspense as they waited to learn whether their loved ones would be released.

would be included in the agreed-upon release.

Anat Moshe Shoshany, whose grandmother was kidnapped on the back of a scooter from kibbutz Nir Oz, said hearing about the hostage agreement gave her “so much hope.”

“I really do hope to see someone walking out of there alive,” she remarked. “We want to be able to see our loved ones again.” This is all we want, and I sincerely hope it is only the beginning step in sorting out this issue.”

Liz Hirsh Naftali, the great-aunt of 3-year-old US citizen Abigail Edan, who is being held hostage by Hamas, told CNN that the situation has been “excruciating.”

“We have spent the last seven weeks, worrying, wondering, praying, hoping,” she went on to say.

ISRAEL, NOVEMBER 21.

Source thedailycourierng news

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *